In the state of Massachusetts, you have the RIGHT TO CHOOSE who repairs your vehicle.
“(c) Contact with Claimant and Selection of Repair Shop. No staff or independent, appraiser, insurer, representative of insurer, or employer of an independent appraiser shall refer the claimant to or away from any specific repair shop or require that repairs be made by a specific repair shop or individual.”
- You get to decide where you want to go for auto body repair services; not your insurance company. It is your right to choose who repairs your vehicle.
- If your vehicle unsafe to drive after being in an accident, you can decide where to tow your vehicle.
- Before auto body repair work is performed, you must inform your insurance company.
- An insurance company may tell you that you are required to go to one of their drive-in claims center. However, this is not true. You can have your vehicle inspected at the auto body repair facility that you choose. Having your vehicle appraised at the auto body shop is beneficial to you because the shop can properly represent you during the appraisal process. and represent.
- You do not need to obtain multiple appraisals.
- Your insurance company is required to pay for the repairs that will return your vehicle to it’s pre-loss condition.
- You have the right to have your insurance carrier pay your auto body shop directly so you are not burdened with an additional step in the repair process.
- Your insurance company must negotiate in good faith with the auto body shop of your choice.
If you’ve been in a collision, contact us today to schedule a free estimate!